Monday, February 1, 2010

You can't miss: Awesome typefaces of 2009

I like designing type-driven spreads. I like coming up with cool new ways to look at type, but I don't know nearly as much about typeface current events as the recent contributors of ILoveTypography.com.

In reading the descriptions about the "Favourite Fonts of 2009," the adjectives that were used were very honest, authentic and descriptive. For example, "In reducing the contrast, this French Clarendon eschews Cowboys and Indians, and emancipates itself from the circus (the French Clarendon has been dubbed the «circus type»)." It is amazing how in-depth descriptions of typefaces can get. Every 'face has its own personality and time for it to be used.

I'm glad there are people in the world who enjoy type as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment