Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Critique: Prototyping and more department designing

Hello again! This past week seems like it has flown by, but so does this entire semester. (Remember that boys to men feature?) The prototype assignment/project is no exception. All of a sudden, we compiled all the files and sent them to the printer. I can't wait to get the proofs/ real copies back! Part of the whole project are examples of future covers of the magazine, and I volunteered to design one of them for DIY Summer. That is the image that is to the left. I never realized how hard it is to make sell lines fit into certain areas on a photo. I might have just been dealt a dumb photo though. I also tried to make it not look like Lauren's cover (I might have failed on that part). Regardless, I think it looks neat!

I also designed my second-to-last department page for VOX last weekend. It was pretty cool because I had to come up with an idea of how to use four photos on one page for a Battle of the Bands preview. Aimee helped me some with the arrangement on the top. It was also helpful that the sidebar for the anchor was pushed to online only. It's pretty neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment