Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Critique: Coding things, desinging things, interviewing for things

You know what sucks about websites? The fact that they are never finished. You might get something you like one day, but a week later you want to change your whole aesthetic. I made myself stop changing things about a week ago, but after the critique we had yesterday, I want to change it all over again. I am really considering going back to html/frame version of my portfolio instead of this flash business too. There are just a million ways to do one thing, and it all generally confuses me. Regardless, you can check out my work in progress here.

I haven't really designed much lately aside from Meredith prototypes, and you guys already know what those look like generally. I did design a cool photo page for the Missourian last week though. I got to design a whole page photo feature, which is hard to come by at that paper. Anyway, I wanted to make the top photo even bigger, but then I wouldn't have room for my headline. (They don't exactly let us write on photos at the Missourian.) I think it turned out pretty good though. I adore the white space at the top of the page, too, so I guess it's good that I didn't up the photo.

On a side note, I'm up for another job! I'm super excited about it, but I don't want to jinx it... More on this later, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment