Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 20 –- What you really want to know

One of the biggest questions I have gotten about my blog is what it means in the first place: "My life in CMYK." I feel like this could be a good design lesson, too. So, here goes.

Most people get the "My life in" part; it's kind of a no-brainer. CMYK throws them for a loop, though. In television and Web, only three colors are used to make any color you see. Those colors are red, blue and green -- RGB. However, in publishing, the colors are cyan, magenta, yellow and black -- CMYK (the K standing for black). All photos, colors and text for print has to be formatted to CMYK because the printers only use those tones.

Have you deciphered it yet? So what my blog name really means is "My life in color" or something along the lines of "My life in the publishing world." Clever kind of, right? Although, I have gotten some flack about the name closing me of to the Web side of things ... It's just a name, people!

For a more in-depth description, go here.

Courtesy of Zazzle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment