Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Something I never thought I would do

So, I did something I never thought I would do, but given my circumstances and the fact that I might start crying myself to sleep at night if I didn't make any friends, I signed up on a dating site. Match.com to be exact. It was a lot more expensive than I thought it would be, but I am getting kind of desperate to meet people. My work schedule is very hokey (4pm to midnight with Wednesday/Thursday off), so meeting people by any normal method is kind of hard to pull off.

My dad thinks it's great, my mom thinks I am going to get myself killed and my friends (the ones not in Savannah, obviously) are a mixture of the two. One of them suggested I blog about it. So, here I am.

I filled out the required information about me, filled out the preferable information about my "match" and uploaded a few pictures. I have no idea what to expect, who I'll find or what kind of experience I will have. It's kind of exciting. I have gotten a few messages from people ... kind of makes me happy. We'll see if anything actually comes of this though.

1 comment:

  1. I had good luck with okcupid.com and it's free. Just a suggestion. ILY!!!!

    ReplyDelete