Monday, July 26, 2010

A Midsummer Night's Dream ... about kittens

My life is all about kittens right now. Fluffy black and white kittens. They are living in my bathroom so that I can keep an eye on them and so my other cat, Maia, doesn't eat them (a joke of course... maybe). I have had the little monsters for only four days (I am fostering them for a couple weeks.), and I am already in love. I am determined to give them back -- most of them at least.

Some of the kittens are still a little scared of me, but I am getting through to two of them. Puck and Titania. They are the ones you saw playing in the video I posted earlier. Puck is the biggest of his brothers and sisters, and Titania is the sweetest. She will now come up to me when I walk into the bathroom, and she licks me, which is weird for a cat but kinda sweet. Here is Titania:



I wanted to stick with Midsummer Night's Dream -- my fave Shakespeare play -- character names for the kittens and name the three girls (they are girls, I checked): Peaseblossom, Mustardseed and Cobweb. However, I have never named any major pets something that out-of-the-ordinary. So, the other three don't really have names yet. Once they get more of a personality, I will be able to correctly name them, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment