Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A new website is in the works

With all this new-found time on my hands, I have decided that I should re-vamp my website. I want to make it look professional and have a theme, but most importantly, I want to beef up on my CSS and HTML knowledge. Every time I re-do my site, it gets a little better. For example, this is my first website. Definitely not as cool, but something can be said about the inner navigation of my portfolio pages. Another one of my goals is to do things the right way instead of coming up with work-arounds for what I want the CSS or HTML to do. I also need to not showcase as many things on the site, I think.

So, the first step is to come up with a theme and a style of navigation. Basically, I need to be inspired. This article I found on Smashing Magazine (actually via a friend on Twitter. Go go social networking!) is a step in the right direction. It is all about interesting means of website navigation. It caught my eye at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment