Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Who's hungry?

I'm going to try and post one thing I've designed every week. Knowing me, it will probably last 3 weeks and then disappear. But I can dream, can't I?

Anyway, the clip I'd like to share is actually from last week. It's for the Shreveport Times. The centerpiece was about how all these chain restaurants keep popping up on a certain street in Shreveport. So instead of using the building shots provided by the paper, I got a little creative. With inspiration from Google Maps and vector logo help from BrandsoftheWorld.com, I created a more striking CP.

I learned things along the way, too! Like how to create feathered perspective shadows in Illustrator. It is done by adding a fill to an object (for example, the reddish pointer has a reddish fill, and the gray shadow fill, but it's the same shape), then skewing the gray fill to create a 3D effect. Pretty cool, eh?


Shreveport Times: August 25, 2013

Too bad the obnoxious ad at the bottom of the page takes all the spotlight.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment