Monday, May 28, 2012

Some cool clips

It's kind of disheartening that I don't get time to do that many creative things with the papers I am working on. Something cool happened last week though. I got to design a real estate section for the Springfield News-Leader that was feature-heavy, Granted, I had to come in for overtime to do it, but it's still pretty cool. The managing editor actually told me to make it like a magazine. I don't think she knows how happy she made me. Anyway, so here are my favorite pages of the 12-page section.

This is the cover of the section. We dropped the rail and I got to do some awesome skyboxes for the rest of the section.


The hard part about some of the pages was the awkward ad stacks. I tried to make those packages as seamless as possible.


This one was my favorite from the section. The design is clean, but still classy. I only wish I had the whole page to work with. 


I was really proud of my pieces, and so was the Springfield editor. That's definitely a win. Hopefully I'll be able to wow them with the next section too!

No comments:

Post a Comment