Sunday, April 17, 2011

Business in Savannah and 'Twitter 101'

Every week, I get the privilege of designing our weekly business publication, Business in Savannah -- or BiS for short. At first, I was not excited about this opportunity. I had spent a few months being BiS's resident copy editor, and I found the content to be dry and boring. However, it has been growing on me. It is a tall tab format and mostly made of submitted columns from local businesspeople. There's a few profiles in each 24-32 page issue, and, most importantly, a double-truck cover story that is treated like a magazine article. While some of the cover story articles are questionable (local sausage makers, anyone?), the majority are actually pretty interesting.

One of these more interesting articles was "Twitter 101." It was a two-part series explaining the ins and outs of Twitter for businessowners. I was given some screen shots of the website and the chunky story, and I am really proud of what I made.


I traced the Twitter bird and added a few of my own touches to him. I also carried him over to the cover. Can you say eye-catching?


See? I get to do all sorts of cool stuff in BiS. Here are a few of my other creations ...




No comments:

Post a Comment